Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Don't forget to Relax!

Remember how you said that once the holidays were over, you would get a chance to rest and relax?

Let's face it, you have been pushing forward with more busyness, pursuing goals for the new year, cleaning out the old, working, and forgetting about a long-overdue r&r.

Last night I finally paused and rediscovered the healing powers of bathing. I combined a capful of Kneipp's Arnica Bath for my sore, tired muscles (http://kneippus.com/arnica-muscle.html), and a little sample of Kneipp Melissa bath salts (from the Central store's sample basket) for my mind. Melissa calms stress, anxiety, and nervousness - all of which I am guilty (http://kneippus.com/melissa.html).

I completed my bath package with a good book, unscrewed a couple of bulbs in the bathroom, and lit the last of my Trapp candle stock. According to Kneipp, bathing should never be over 15-20 minutes. Knowing the time frame helped me know I could definitely schedule that time into my evening. It's surprising what that small amount of time can do for your body, mind, and spirit.

So take the time - Make the time!
The Kneipp site has a chart of herbs/plants and their healing properties. Cocktail your own relaxation: http://kneippus.com/curative-bath.html  and if you still have time afterwards, let us know what worked for you.

2 comments:

  1. Girls or let say women also doing house chores forgetting to make some rejuvenation so they'll become tired and exhausted so good thing to go on beauty salon Texas. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like you thoughts. Thanks for the sharing.

    spa austin

    ReplyDelete